Fall is here and we can't get enough of our favorite Autumn flavors. Check out this scrumptious Swiss Meringue Buttercream recipe by our friend, Alexandra Racca! She added this delectable treat on top of a spongecake cupcake, but you can put it on just about anything. Yum!
Swiss Meringue Buttercream Ingredients
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 ½ cups + 2 tbsp butter (room temp)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk egg whites and sugar in a stainless steel bowl over a pot of simmering water. Continue to whisk until the sugar is dissolved (you should no longer feel granules when its rubbed between your fingers).
- Transfer mixture into mixing bowl (make sure it is completely dry; any water makes it hard to whip properly). Use the whisk attachment to whip the mixture.
- Whip mixture until the bowl is room temperature and no longer hot (about 15-20 minutes). The egg whites should be quite fluffy at this point.
- Add butter slowly to the mixture, and then add vanilla.
- Top your desired treat and enjoy!
**To make Maple flavored buttercream, add 1 teaspoon of maple extract or 1 tablespoon of maple syrup & a pinch of cinnamon!