I don't care if it's a sugar rush or a sugar coma, I just want to consume so many sweets this Halloween that I'll be a candy coated human. Me and Twix have a long-standing, mutually-beneficial relationship - I bring the appetite and Twix bars bring the taste. Using the LEVO Oil Infuser, we're putting an herbal twist-a-roo on this Halloween candy favorite. The LEVO Oil Infuser will infuse your herb or flower of choice into the butter we'll be using to make Bud's Twisted Twix Bars ::pat on back for above average candy naming:: Why try and reinvent the metaphorical bicycle, you ask? Well, buds, because that's what us grown folk with a penchant for high times do!
- 1 cup room temperature LEVO Butter [click here to get the recipe]
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups soft caramel cut into small chunks
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 cups milk chocolate pieces
- 1 tablespoon room temperature LEVO Butter [click here to get the recipe]
1. Crank up the oven to 300°F.
2. While the oven is preheating, in a medium size bowl, mix the LEVO butter, sugar, and vanilla extract until soft. Add the egg and mix until combined, then add the flour and salt. Mix until a dough forms - this is the shortbread.
3. Chill the dough in the freezer or refrigerator until firm.
4. Roll out the dough onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake the dough for about 30 minutes, until golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and allow the crust to cool completely.
7. Melt the caramel and cream in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second - 1 minute intervals, stirring in between until smooth.
8. Pour the caramel over the cooled crust and chill for 30 minutes, until firm.
9. Once the caramel is solid, cut into thin rectangles (for best results, chill your rectangles in the freezer or refrigerator to firm them up before STEP #11).
10. Melt the chocolate and LEVO butter in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted.
11. Using a dipping tool, submerge the bars in the melted chocolate, and place the dipped bars on a tray lined with parchment paper to set. To speed up setting, chill in the freezer or refrigerator.12. Allow the chocolate coat to completely Harden and cool. Enjoy!