There are so many choices for vaporizers on the market these days, and not all portables are created equally. It's great to have options, but sometimes it can make your search tiring. Don't stress! We've made it easier for you. Here are the top 7 Vape Traits you should consider when searching for the best portable vaporizer for you.
If you’re looking for…
1.) Extreme portability
- Size matters, we all know it. Some portables are heavier than others and will weigh your pockets down because of the materials it is made out of, or its large size. If you are looking for lightweight and easily stuffed into your skinny jeans, your best options are the G Pro, Summit by Vapium, Pax by Ploom, or the Magic-Flight Launch Box. Take into account how easily you can stow it away if necessary.
2.) For use with concentrates and aromatic blends
- We get it, you want a vape that works, but one that you don't have to empty your wallet for. Although the general rule is you get what you pay for, there are definitely some vaporizers out there that work really well and are great for someone on a budget. The Magic-Flight Launch Box and the G Pro are great options in this category, both under $120. If you're looking for a pen style vaporizer that you can just use your concentrates with, there is a whole variety under $100.
- Pro Tip: Don't forget that when you're shopping around, make sure you are purchasing your vape from an authorized dealer. One major red flag to watch out for is if the price of the vaporizer is significantly less than the price on the manufacturers website. Knockoffs are becoming more popular and they are getting good at looking like the real deal (the Firefly is one of the more recent ones to take the hit). Read up, and be careful out there!
- Battery life is extremely important to some vape users, as well as if you can swap out the batteries or not. Also, consider if it needs to have a USB charger or if a regular AC wall adapter will do it for you.
5.) Quality of Materials
6.) Ease of Maintenance
- All vaporizers need to be cleaned and that's just a fact of life. However, there are some that require more regular maintenance than others. If you are not looking to keep your vape sparkling clean on a daily basis, some of the more low maintenance vapes include the Solo and Air by Arizer. Both of their glass stems are easily cleaned by soaking them in isopropyl alcohol, and it's as simple as that!
- Last but not least, think about what kind of add-ons you are going to need for your vaporizer. Some vapes come with cleaning kits, others don't. Car chargers are also offered with a few vaporizers such as the Firefly and Pax. The new Summit by Vapium even comes with a dry bag, and offers a solar charger as an accessory for when you're not around an outlet (ie, camping).
There are plenty of other things to consider, so take a peek at our official buying guide for more information! As always, you can get a closer look of all the specs on these vaporizers and others on our Knowledge Base.
What portable vape works for you and why? Let us know in the comments!
Firefly image via Firefly