“Love is that which enables choice, always stronger than fear. Always choose on the basis of love.”
Recognized as one of the most popular vaporizers on the market, the Magic-Flight Launch Box (MFLB) was introduced in 2010 followed by some minor changes in the last few years, which include a safety to help avoid heating your blends past the point of vaporization and a click-lock that holds the acrylic cover in place. The latest MFLB comes with everything you need to lift off, including 2 rechargeable AA NiMH batteries, 2 battery caps, wall charger, cleaning brush, acrylic draw stem, Flight Guide user instructions, and a black storage tin lined with velvet. Offered in 5 etched designs and 3 beautiful wood finishes (Maple, Cherry, Walnut), the Magic-Flight's competitive price point of $119-$149 will leave you with some money leftover to spend on your material.
As the smallest portable vaporizer available, Magic-Flight Launch Box offers users a quick and effective way to reach new levels. It is user-friendly, durable, virtually aroma-free, ultra-portable, and can even be used in windy surroundings. Also, because the unit runs on rechargeable AA batteries, there is little need for electricity, making the MFLB a very good option for environmentally friendly consumers. Assembled in an 87-step process in San Diego, it is a green product sourced from natural, renewable, and sustainable materials.
Manufactured in San Diego, California, this little box comes with an impressive lifetime warranty. Widely touted as the miniature vaporizer for anyone, anywhere, anytime, the Magic-Flight Launch Box easily hides in the palm of your hand. The anatomy of the box is simplistic, but understanding all the parts makes for an educated vaporizer user and makes the experience that much better. The heating element is a stainless steel coil which, in combination with the mesh screen, works flawlessly.
In our experience, the best type of material to use in your box is finely ground and dry. Any moist or clumpy material will cause buildup, so try grinding it twice for best results. It may seem excessive, but it works! Fill the Magic-Flight trench to the inner side rails, but pay attention as not to overfill it. Insert the battery and apply pressure to begin.
As soon as the orange light illuminates inside the trench, allow a few seconds for vapor production to begin. You can use the Magic-Flight with a draw stem or drawing natively without the draw stem. The latter allows you to look through the small draw stem hole and watch the vapor accumulate. Once there is visible vapor escaping through the hole, begin to draw – try a steady, long, slow draw for the largest amount of vapor. Don't get discouraged if you do not get a good draw at first; it may take some time and practice to perfect the process. (You won't mind the practice!) It is important to lightly shake the box in between draws. This helps to heat material evenly and will enhance the experience!
Should you need directions on cleaning and maintenance, you’ll find that info below. Otherwise, this concludes our in-flight entertainment, so sit back, relax, and have a magic flight!
Magic-Flight Launch Box is a very low maintenance unit and will not require cleaning often. However, after extended use and when the unit has visible build up, a good cleaning will help keep it functioning properly. Cleaning this unit is pretty simple - just follow the instructions below and you're ready to fly! Always keep in mind that after extended use and buildup, the MFLB will never look brand new. It wears its miles proudly.
What you need:
- Water (some users prefer asopropyl alcohol; make sure to let dry completely before use.)
- Three cotton swabs (remove some of the cotton from two)
- One fully-charged Magic-Flight battery
- Cleaning brush
- Draw stem (if used)
- Magic-Flight Launch Box (MFLB)
How to clean the Magic-Flight Launch Box:
- Step 1: Heat unit up
- Step 2: Lightly tap the brush with a little isopropyl alcohol
- Step 3: Brush very gently, a few times – screens are almost impossible to replace, so be very careful
- Step 4: Clean buildup around the two rods, heating elements – be careful to not damage the Magic-Flight screen when brushing over these, they will look dirty
- Step 5: Dip brush in isopropyl alcohol and dip on the paper towel to remove residue
- Step 6: Gently clean the Magic-Flight trench
- Step 7: Clean the acrylic cover with a bit of isopropyl alcohol and a damp paper towel, always making sure to wipe dry
- Step 8: Heat up unit to evaporate leftover isopropyl alcohol
- Be extra careful when cleaning the screen.
- Clean the acrylic cover with a bit of isopropyl alcohol and a damp paper towel; be sure to wipe dry (do not ever let air dry)!
- Do not insert cotton swab in the draw stem hole.
- You may use a cotton swab to clean around the draw stem hole and on the wood surrounding the trench.
Don’t forget the stem:
While it is tricky to clean, do not neglect removing the buildup. Make sure to cut your cotton portion of your swab down to about half the size; this will make it easier when cleaning.
- Step 1: Pull off some of the cotton (see above)
- Step 2: Dip Q-tip in the water/alcohol
- Step 3: Insert smaller end into draw stem
- Step 4: Do not pull Q-tip all the way through, just gently pull it back
- Step 5: Run stem under water to wash off alcohol