- ½ cup MagicalButter butter [read our HOW: MagicalButter], melted and slightly cooled
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ⅓ cups all purpose flour
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1 can (14 oz) condensed milk
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons MagicalButter butter [read our HOW TO: MagicalButter]
- 1 large egg plus 2 egg yolks
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- Whipped cream for serving (optional)
1. For the crust: combine the MagicalButter butter, oil, sugar, and salt in a medium sized bowl.
2. Add the flour to the mixture and mix until a dough forms.
3. In a 9 ½ inch pie pan, scatter the dough in small clumps. Evenly press the dough into the bottom and onto the sides of the pan (to prevent the dough from sticking to your fingers, flour your hands before pressing). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
4. Preheat your oven to 350°F and rearrange your oven rack so that it is now on the lower third of the oven.
5. For the pie filling: in a skillet or pot, melt the MagicalButter butter over medium-low heat. Continue cooking the MagicalButter butter after it's melted—whisk frequently until the butter begins to foam and turns a deep golden brown. Slowly whisk in the light brown sugar, so to prevent clumps, and remove from the heat.
6. Pour the hot mixture into a large bowl. Add in the pumpkin puree and sweetened condensed milk and whisk until smooth.
7. Whisk in the egg, yolks, vanilla, and spices and beat until well combined, about 1 minute.
8. Gently pour into the chilled pie crust.
9. Put the pie in the oven and bake for about 50 minutes. If pie starts to brown, cover the crust with aluminum foil to shield it from the heat and being potentially overly baked.
10. Allow the pumpkin pie to cool for at least 3 hours before slicing into it. It needs one hour at room temperature and at least 2 hours in the fridge. If you attempt to cut into it while still warm, the filling will not hold its shape. Top with whipped cream (optional) when completely cool.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Make your pie crust ahead of time! Just keep it in the freezer until you are ready to use it.
- Don't want the hassle of making a pie crust? No worries! Just buy an already made one - you can find a 9" pie shell in the freezer aisle of your grocery store. The infused MagicalButter butter will give you enough zing :)
- Don’t over bake your brown butter pumpkin pie! Remove the pie from the oven when the edges of the filling are set but the center is still a little jiggly.