HOW TO MAKE TORTILLA CHIP EDIBLES
Portion control...the ultimate enemy of a true space cowboy; but honestly trying to control the munchies is like smoking a whole bowl of green from Mary's garden and not getting ripped...impossible. Those of us who poke smot on the reg know how difficult self-control is when trying not to devour a whole bag of fried tortilla chips when the munchies strike. But fear not my buds, I’m about to give you the dankest but healthiest way to shovel handfuls of chips and salsa into your mouth while staying guilt-free.
Why the sudden interest in making tortilla chips from scratch, you ask? Tortilla chips are one of my favorite foods and it's National Tortilla Chip Day - so I've gotta celebrate! There’s just something about crispy, crunchy, salty tortilla chips that makes it impossible to have just 5, 10, or even 20 for that matter. Below is an easy-to-make recipe for fire AF baked tortilla chips. And thanks to the LEVO Oil Infuser, we’re able to bless the olive oil we will be using with some mind altering juju with the push of a button!
- 1 package (12 oz.) corn tortillas
- 1 tbsp LEVO olive oil
- Salt, lime juice, chili powder, cumin (all optional and to taste)
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Line a baking pan with foil.
3. Cut the tortillas into triangles or strips and arrange them in a single layer on the prepared baking pan.
4. In a small bowl mix the LEVO Oil Infuser and lime juice together.
5. Using a brush, brush the tortillas with the oil and lime mixture, or if you have a mister, pour the mixture into the mister and mist the chips.
6. Sprinkle the seasoning onto the tortillas.
7. Bake for 5 mins, then rotate the pan and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the chips are crisp but not brown.
Enjoy these delicious edible baked corn tortilla chips with our edible guacamole recipe!