March 6th is the day we celebrate everyone's favorite cookie - it's National Oreo Cookie Day! Like, sure - okay, a chocolate chip cookie is the more classic choice when playing favoritism, but c'mon buds, the Oreo is as functional as it is yummy - you get double the cookie dunk-ability (side note: someone please submit dunk-ability to Webster's dictionary ASAP because how is this not recognized as a real word?!) - what other cookie has double the surface area for dunking action? Two discs of crunchy chocolate cookie sandwiching a thick layer of smooth, sweet vanilla cream...like FACT (at least according to the world of me, myself, and I) the Oreo is the best cookie. Pour me a glass of milk and hand me a vape because I am ready to take my munchies to Oreo-Town (Funky-Town's edible, albeit tone-deaf, brother)!
Let's give rise to the Oreo by transforming it into an ultra thick, silky, smooth cheesecake. Sure I love this lil' guy straight outta the Nabisco-stamped package, but there’s absolutely no arm twisting that needs to be done when it comes to making an Oreo Cookies 'N Cream Cheesecake, especially one infused with magic dry herbs from Mary Wanna’s garden *wink wink*. And thanks to the LEVO Oil Infuser, we can turn an intricate extraction process into a one-step function. Infusing mind altering dry herbs with butter has never been easier with this cutting edge machine. I hope you space cowboys are ready for take off because this cookies ‘n cream cheesecake will have you feelin’ like you’re flying high to the moon!
*You will need an electric mixer
- 24 Oreos, crushed into fine crumbs
- 6 tbsp LEVO butter [read our HOW TO: LEVO Butter], melted
- 12 Oreos, quartered
- 32 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- Pinch of salt
- Extra Oreos for garnishing (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Grease a 9 inch springform pan and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine crushed Oreos and melted LEVO butter until crumbs are evenly moistened.
4. Press the crust into the bottom of the prepared pan. Refrigerate while preparing the filling.
5. Beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour, and salt with an electric mixer on medium-low speed until mixture is creamy.
6. Add heavy cream and vanilla extract, mix until combined.
7. Beat in the eggs and yolk one at a time, making sure each one is blended in before adding the next.
8. Using your hands or a rubber spatula, mix the filling a few more times to ensure everything is evenly combined.
9. Fold in the quarted Oreos.
10. Pour the filling into the crust. Garnish with extra Oreos on top (optional).
11. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the outside is set, but the middle is still slightly wobbly.
12. Allow the cheesecake to cool for an hour.
13. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours (preferably overnight) before serving.
Need some reading material as you wait for your Cookies 'N Cream Cheesecake to cool to ice cold perfection? Our friends over at Mental Floss put together a list of fun facts about the Oreo, check it out: here.