The fall season's in full swing so there's no better time to make sweet & (sort of) nutritious treats like dank caramel apples with MagicalButter Machine! This super easy recipe will take you back to the glory days of your childhood but with an amazing twist on this festive snack. If nuts aren't your thing, go with some mini M&Ms, ground coconut, or maybe some drizzled chocolate as a finishing touch. Be sure to check out the bonus caramel treat after the recipe!
- ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter (plus 1 tablespoon/15 ml for the bottom of the apples when cooling)
- ¼ cup/60 ml MagicalButter vanilla tincture
- 1 cup/240 ml sugar
- ½ cup/120 ml brown sugar
- 4 ounces/120 ml heavy cream
- 2 ounces/60 ml light corn syrup
- 2 ounces/60 ml honey
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml pure vanilla extract
- 6 apples (red delicious or Granny Smith), washed and dried, with stems pulled out
- Chopped toppings of your choice
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet, and butter the area where you will place the apples to cool off.
- Push the popsicle sticks into the apple tops where the stems were.
- Stir the MagicalButter, vanilla tincture, sugars, cream, corn syrup, and honey in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Insert a candy thermometer. Heat the mixture to 240ºF/115°C, remove it from heat, and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Once the caramel has reached the desired temperature, pour it into a bowl. Dip the apples into the caramel as much or little as you prefer, to achieve the desired coating thickness.
- Place your Creamy Caramel Apples on the buttered parchment paper, and add your favorite toppings.
- Refrigerate them for 1-3 hours, and enjoy!
Get your MagicalButter machine and start enhancing your tasty treats today!
Got some unused caramel? Bite-sized pieces can be made from the leftovers, or even better you can place a few cubes of brie in small phyllo shells, and bake @350°F for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle the caramel over the brie. It's amazing right there, but adding a raspberry will take this quick desert over the top.